- Depreciation Value: How will the car hold up over time? kbb.com bases its predictions on historical data (how the model has performed in the past) and economic factors.
- Fuel Economy: Gas is expected to rise going into the summer months. Significant amounts of money can be saved by buying a more fuel efficient vehicle; estimates put savings due to fuel costs at close to $900/year. That's close to $4500 of savings over the standard 5-yr span.
- Auto Insurance: Insurance is mostly based on the driver's past experience, age, credit rating, address, etc., but it is also based on the model of the car. Luxury brands and sports cars tend to have higher insurance costs to start, while family minivans and SUVs will have a lower starting insurance cost.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Is your child or pet a big fan of Gary Rome Auto Group? Catch them on video reacting to a Gary Rome Auto Group commercial and one lucky winner could be the new star of the next Gary Rome Auto Group commercial!
Go to http://www.gotogary.com/video/ to submit your entry.
1. Contest Dates:
The “So You Think You Know Jack?” contest begins February 1, 2012, and ends March 31, 2012.
VIDEO SUBMISSION PERIOD: February 1, 2012 - March 31, 2012
SELECTION OF BEST VIDEOS: April 1, 2012 - April 13, 2012
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: April 16, 2012 - April 20, 2012
Submitting a video in this contest is open to persons who on the date of entry are legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, at least eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority if greater than 18), and who are registered users of http://www.youtube.com or http://vimeo.com. Employees, officers, directors and their immediate family members of the contest entities and each of their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisers, and any and all other companies associated with this contest are not eligible to enter. For purposes of this contest, "immediate family members" means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in-laws, grandmothers, or grandfathers.
3. Video Submission Requirements:
- Running Time: Five (5) minute maximum, including any credits. If entry is longer than five (5) minutes, the entry may be disqualified in the Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Language: English
- Video: The video should feature your pet or your child's reaction to watching a Gary Rome Auto Group commercial.
- Age: Any child recorded in the video must be ten (10) years of age or younger.
4. Judging to Determine the Potential Winners:
All eligible video submissions received during the video submission period will be watched and judged. The judges will score each eligible entrant’s video based on the following judging criteria, each given equal weight:
- Does the video feature either a pet and/or a child (under the age of ten (10))?
- How original/creative/entertaining, to all age groups, is the video submission?
- How favorable is the Video Submission to Gary Rome Auto Group?
- For helpful examples, check out the following links:
Based on the above judging criteria, the winning videos will be chosen.
5. Additional Terms:
All entrants of the “So You Think You Know Jack?” contest must agree to the following terms and conditions. DO NOT enter this contest if you do not agree with these terms and conditions. Your video submissions may be used for a Gary Rome Auto Group commercial but may not be copied, sold or distributed to other persons.
We reserve the rights to change the rules and prizes without any written notice.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities:
The undersigned (the participant or the legal guardian, if the former is less than 18 years of age) for and in consideration of the granting of permission to Gary Rome Auto Group, agrees to refrain from suing and discharges Gary Rome Auto Group and its officers, agents and employees from all liability arising out of the participation of the contestant in the “So You Think You Know Jack?” contest. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Gary Rome Auto Group for any loss or damage that the contestant may incur due to the acts or the omissions of the contestant while participating in the aforementioned event. The undersigned having read and understood agrees to comply with the rules and the safety provisions established for the contest.
7. Consent of Release:
By submitting your video you give Gary Rome Auto Group the rights to use your video in any/or all promotional spots. As a guardian, you will be required to fill out a consent form for any contestant under the age of eighteen (18). Proof of guardianship will be required.
8. Who Won:
The winning entrants will be notified on or by April 20, 2012.
Grand prize: The lucky winner will be featured in an upcoming Gary Rome Auto Group commercial & receive a choice of a $250 American Express gift card or a $250 Dave's Soda & Pet City gift card. Transportation to the filming studio, in West Springfield, MA, is the responsibility of the winner. Every valid submission will receive a stuffed Jack doll.